Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Godchild's Big Buck!


John Kirk Ring with his awesome buck at his camp.


John Kirk Ring, my Godchild, killed this nice big buck in south Warren County at 5:15 pm on the edge of a food plot. He found the right side of a shed that is very similar to this buck in March of 2005 while scouting for turkeys. The shed was found around 350 yards from where Kirk killed this buck.
On December 23rd, he was climbing a tree when the deer came out trailing a doe and his gun was on the ground. He had to watch him trot by. The day that Kirk killed the buck, he hunted from sun up to sun down, and the buck finally walked out just before dark. 
It was 74 degrees that day with 20 mph winds.

9 point Inside Spread: 19 1/2" 
Beams: 23" 
Weight: between 200 and 215 lb.

My congrats to my Godchild in our great wild outdoors! I'm so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life @ 83 Years

That's so true. I'm so fortunate to still be alive at 83 years of age and enjoy my four daughters, six granddaughters, three grandso...