Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Shadow on a Tree


This picture of me with my shadow on a tree was most likely taken back in 1986-87 hunting season.  I had just started hunting and this was an evening shot.  My stand was near the Big Black River and as the sun was setting I noticed my shadow on a tree near me and took this picture.  I now use it as a logo on my blog called, Marian's Hunting Stories, etc., etc., etc.  It is amazing that you can take one picture and get so many compliments on it throughout the years.  I like it because it's different and a reminder of my early hunting days.  I was in my mid-forties at the time and enjoying hunts at Jasper Bottom Hunting Club in Claiborne County, Mississippi.  Two years ago I had to pull out of my hunting club after 25 years because the fees had gone up.  I really miss hunting there and it's sad that I don't have a deer camp to call my very own anymore.  It is a blessing that my husband and I get invited by friends and family to hunt at their camp or on their land.  I'm wishing all hunters in our great wild outdoors a very successful 2011-2012 hunting season.  Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deer House

Drove down an old back road today, and it looks like this little lady took up residence here. Photo by Stephen Price.