Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Third 8 pt. Buck

Showing off my 3rd 8 pt. from the back of our Toyota Tacoma at my daughter's home.

My 8 pt. on the back of the 4-wheeler at Homewood Hunting Club in Claiborne County.

I shot my 3rd 8 pt. in January 2003 at Homewood Hunting Club in Claiborne County.  I was hunting Mike's Patch and it was getting late in the evening when I noticed a buck walking out in the far right corner. I could not believe that their was another buck further behind him and they were looking straight at me.  I watched them get closer and closer and decided to shoot the first one that walked out.  The second one had a higher rack but this one to me had a wider rack.  When I shot he just stood there and finally took off into the woods.  The other buck stood there for about 20 seconds and took off back into the woods.  I waited about 20 minutes and made my way tracking the blood and found my buck no more than 30 yards into the woods.  I walked back to my stand and got my 4-wheeler and headed back towards camp to wait for Bob and the hunters to come in.  I needed help in getting my deer out.  I was so happy to get another 8 pt., and hopefully one day I will get another buck...maybe a bigger one! 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Marian, thank you for your visit. I hope to see you again.
    I wish you a happy halloween
    Melvin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Melvin and will be back to visit you again. Love your singing! Wishing you a Happy Halloween as well! Marian :)

    ReplyDelete

Life @ 83 Years

That's so true. I'm so fortunate to still be alive at 83 years of age and enjoy my four daughters, six granddaughters, three grandso...