Sunday, June 19, 2011

My First Deer Stand!

My husband-to-be took these picture of me on my very first deer stand that he had made. It was located in Claiborne County at Jasper Bottom Hunting Club on the Big Black River where he was a member and took me hunting with him.  One day, I told him that I can do this...and as they say, the rest is history!  My deer stand was located on the backside of the property at the Big Black River.  This is where I killed my very first deer, a 6 pt. buck, after being on the stand for only 5 minutes on a rainy opening day.  My story to follow...

You can tell that I'm a happy camper sitting on my very first deer stand.  I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would ever be a deer hunter.  It has been over 25 years now and I have enjoyed every minute of it.  

My sign reads...
Marion's 
Hunting
 Territory
 11-22-86

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Papa Always Said...